Medical Mutual Announces the Release of CME-Eligible Webinars
Raleigh, NC – August 7, 2017 – Medical Mutual today began offering a series of webinars eligible for continuing medical education (CME). Medical Mutual is an accredited provider of CME. Physicians who participate in these CME-approved webinars will be awarded AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM, and non-physician healthcare professionals will receive a certificate of participation. The webinars are available at no additional charge, as a benefit of membership.
The webinar release represents Medical Mutual’s continued drive to support its member physicians in improving patient care through high-quality educational opportunities. “Because we work so closely with our members, through open communication, we appreciate what they’re looking for,” said Donna Nicholson, Medical Mutual’s Vice President of Risk Management. “We’re so pleased to now be able to support them in meeting their CME requirements with detailed webinar content targeted to their specific needs,” she added.
Eight CME-eligible webinars are already available, four of which can help doctors meet their states’ pain management CME requirements, as applicable:
- Preserving Your Reputation in an Online World (1.50 CME credits)
- Virginia Board of Medicine Regulations on Opioid Prescribing (1.50 CME credits)
- North Carolina Medical Board Controlled Substances Prescribing Update and Recognizing Signs of Abuse or Misuse (1.00 CME credit)
- Practical, Safe Controlled Substances Prescribing Practices for Acute and Chronic Pain Management (1.75 CME credits)
- Legal Obligations & Regulatory Oversight of Controlled Substances Prescribing (1.75 CME credits)
- Coding and Documentation: The Importance of Accurate Documentation for Patients and Providers (1.50 CME credits)
- Establishing a Protected Peer Review Program (1.50 CME credits)
- The Quality Payment Program, MIPS, and APMs (1.00 CME credit)
More CME-eligible webinars will be added on a regular basis. Medical Mutual has been offering CME-eligible content to its members since 1997, in the form of live on-site presentations and the risk assessment process.
To learn more about Medical Mutual’s CME-eligible webinars and to see more details about each one, visit https://www.medicalmutualgroup.com/rm-webinars.
For more information about the accreditation of this program, please contact our CME Team at 800.662.7917 or at CMETeam@mmicnc.com.
About Medical Mutual Insurance Company of North Carolina
Medical Mutual Insurance Company of North Carolina (MMIC) is one of the nation’s largest providers of medical professional liability insurance. MMIC is an affiliate of Medical Mutual Holdings, Inc., a platform company that also offers other services for physicians and medical practices, including SharpVue Capital, a wealth and asset management firm for physicians, other medical professionals, and institutional investors. MMIC protects nearly 13,000 physicians and has been rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best for 14 consecutive years.
Medical Mutual is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.