Risk Consultant (Philadelphia PA)
Medical Mutual Insurance Company of North Carolina, one of the nation’s largest providers of professional liability insurance and other services for physicians, seeks a Risk Consultant for its Philadelphia, PA office. We offer a family-friendly work environment and a competitive compensation/benefits package, including 401(k), pension, annual bonus, group health, dental and vision, and much more.
Summary of Position:
Medical Mutual seeks an articulate, thoughtful, clinical Risk Management Consultant. This individual will be responsible for serving as a Risk Management liaison for our members. Responsibilities include conducting onsite and remote risk assessments of traditional private physician medical practices and those engaged in care delivery systems that include but are not limited to clinically integrated networks. Additional duties include providing risk management advice to insured physicians and practice administrators, developing scalable client-ready resources, and giving presentations on relevant topics to physicians and their employees. The individual will also research healthcare risk management issues to support company and department initiatives and maintain vigilance on how current trends in healthcare may affect customers. The selected candidate will work collaboratively with our Risk Management team members as well as other departments in our organization with the goal of optimizing services to our members and prospective members. Experience in working with physician practices in a hospital or enterprise system is a plus.
- Performs proprietary Comprehensive Risk Assessment (CRA) to identify medical malpractice risk exposures in the physician medical practice setting
- Serves as a liaison to all insured practices requesting and/or completing a proprietary online Self-Risk Assessment (SRA)
- Provides in-office (Philadelphia) coverage to include telephone and email triage and internal/external customer service support by addressing clinical Risk Management, privacy/security and compliance questions
- Participates as a team member on departmental projects to achieve business plan goals
- Researches topics to facilitate the development of new work products (blog posts, webinars, policies, consent forms, etc.)
- Researches and submits documentation of current trends in risk management and patient safety to management
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Licensed healthcare professional or JD
- Five years’ experience in a healthcare setting required
- Prior risk management experience preferred
- Prior experience preparing and presenting healthcare educational offerings preferred
- Prior experience in medical record review preferred
- Valid professional license required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent advanced writing skills
- Intermediate skills in all Microsoft applications
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to:
- Work independently and as a collaborative team member in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Complete the business need, which may include evening and weekend hours
- Adapt to an ever-changing work environment
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be regularly required to talk, hear and see; sit, stand and walk; and reach with hands and arms to finger, handle or feel. The employee will also be required to lift up to 25lbs.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary history and requirements.