As we transition into 2020, we are beginning the process of shutting down our old website, medicalmutualgroup.com, by March 31. Visit our new website to learn more and access all member content.
The following courses are intended to engage and educate practice staff that are at the front line of patient care. These courses do not require a Medical Mutual login to view, and we encourage our members to share this page with their staff.
Please note the following webinars are not CME-approved activities and will not provide CME credit. Members may view our CME-eligible webinars here.
- NEW: Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA) Learn about the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act, along with its penalties for violation and risk exposure for noncompliance using case study examples. Format: Webinar Time: 39:27
- NEW: Service Animals in Healthcare Facilities Learn federal and state-specific requirements related to service animals in a healthcare setting. Format: Webinar Time: 44:58 minutes
- Tap-Dancing in the Minefield: FMLA, ADA, and Workers' Compensation Issues for Employers Learn the purpose of each law, areas of interplay, and your practice's legal obligations to comply. Format: Webinar Time: 46:18 minutes
- Nondiscrimination in Health Care ("Section 1557"): What You Need to Know Learn what you need to know about Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act. Format: Webinar Time: 53:42 minutes
- An Introduction to Value-Based Healthcare Learn how value based purchasing and healthcare will impact your practice. Format: Webinar Time: 47:07 minutes
- Healthcare Compliance 101 Discern the patient safety, quality of care, and reimbursement provisions of HIPAA, PPACA, MACRA, and related legislation. Format: Webinar Time: 57:34 minutes
- Avoiding Healthcare Compliance Investigations 101 Learn about the current enforcement landscape and agencies, in addition to compliance with HIPAA, PPACA, FCA, Stark Law, AKS, and more. Format: Webinar Time: 75:01 minutes
- What You Need to Know about Releasing Medical Records Understand how to protect the privacy of the patients’ records, under both federal and state law. Format: Webinar Time: 10:56 minutes
- Understanding Scope of Practice Learn what actions licensed healthcare providers can perform on or for a patient. Format: Webinar Time: 8:25 minutes
- Taking the Stress out of Managing Patient Complaints Learn strategies for responding to and resolving patient complaints. Format: Webinar Time: 7:35 minutes
- Managing the Risks and Benefits of Electronic Communication Learn how to use electronic communication risk-free in a healthcare setting. Format: Webinar Time: 8:03 minutes
- Emergency Management and Preparedness Learn how to effectively respond in the event of an emergency in a healthcare setting. Format: Webinar Time: 6:54 minutes
- Medical Record Documentation Tips: Think In Ink! Hear practical advice on how to improve documentation, protect revenue, and reduce malpractice risk exposure. Format: Webinar Time: 70:23 minutes
- Medical Practice Contracting Strategies Learn important topics that arise in preparing and negotiating employment and services agreements. Format: Webinar Time: 60:15 minutes
- The Emerging World of Telehealth Is One of Opportunity, But Under a Compliance Umbrella Ensure your practice is aware of newly adopted guidelines and prepared for the changes. Format: Webinar Time: 53:52 minutes
- Releasing Medical Records in Complex Situations: Should We or Should We Not? Understand what information may be released in complicated medical record release situations. Format: Webinar Time: 64:52 minutes