Medical Mutual is now Curi. Your same trusted partner now brings you more great resources and services to better medicine, business, and life. Explore Curi, Curi Practice Services, and Curi Capital.
Medical Mutual offers a number of exclusive features available only to our members. Designed to give you the full range of protection needed in today's changing health care environment, our flexibility adapts to cover the particular needs of individuals, groups, or professional organizations.
Important features include:
- Coverage for individuals, groups, and professional organizations.
- Your written consent required to settle a claim, except where prohibited by law.
- Claims-Made coverage form allows members to change coverage amounts as their exposure changes.
- Limits of liability available up to $6 million/$8 million. Limits apply separately to named individuals and the entity. Named Advanced Practice Provider employees may also obtain shared limits with the Named Insured. Other non-physician employees, not named on the policy, are automatically covered under the corporation's limit.
- Costs associated with investigation and defense of medical malpractice claims are paid in addition to the limits of liability.
- Punitive damages covered within the limits of liability.
- Locum tenens coverage provided at no additional charge.
- Defendant's reimbursement coverage for time in trial.
- Professional liability coverage included for membership on accreditation boards and committees for hospital and professional societies.